WiFi is one of the best and most important technologies that has ever been brought to invention. It allows one to connect to the internet easily without any wires while the router is cordless. You only need a USB port as a network connection point to the internet. Whether you are looking for wireless communication or transmission of data, you can easily perform such a function with WiFi. However, you need to have all the details of using a WiFi from its installation process to its set up to fixing its problems. Hence, here is a useful and easy guide.
If the signal strength of your WiFi is weak and you are facing issues with it in your home or office then you need WiFi range extenders. You need a wireless extender that is not just simple and easy to install and set up but also one that requires minimal maintenance.
Extender setup requirements
- Having an extender for your WiFi is extremely necessary if you want your network connection to reach out to wider spaces and not just a small area. In order to set it up, you need to ensure that you follow all the steps mentioned below.
Turn on the extender and note down the wireless settings of the router such as the name of the wireless network, the wireless network’s password, security key, and the like
You then need to restore the factory settings of the WiFi range extender
- You can then access an internet connection that is functioning
You need all these prerequisites prior to setting up the extender following which, you can install and set up the extender.
Extender Setup steps
In order to set up the extender, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
Make sure that the range extender and the computer or laptop you are using is in the same room.
- Following this, you can connect you can use an Ethernet cable to connect your laptop or computer to the extender.
- You can now plug in the extender and your personal device to an electrical outlet.
- You can then connect it to the extender.linksys.setup network.
- A login page will then appear after this step and then you enter the login credentials required.
- A pop up will appear asking you to enter your network name and you do as is required or asked.
- Following this, you can select the manual option and switch off the extender for a while. Following this, you can switch on your range extender and then start using it.
WiFi is required these days in almost every household and in every organisation. However, what worth would a WiFi connection be if you have to sit in one fixed place to use it. Extending the connections to a wider area is necessary so that you can use and access the network easily and for organisations more importantly, using an extender to extend this connection is even more important.
WiFi extender importance
These days, you cannot do anything without the internet. Well, at least it seems like it. Whether you are playing an online game, streaming your favourite TV show, listening to new music, or crowding your social networking sites. You need an internet connection to perform all these functions.
It will help your internet connection to reach to wider spaces thereby allowing you to access the network in any corner of your home or office. Moreover, you do not have to witness interruption or lagging even when you are in another room where the router is not there.
Sometimes, you may want to lounge outside in your lawn, garden, or patio but the thought of you having to sit there without your internet may haunt you. Therefore, using an extender will help you access the internet even when you are outside and you can lounge and relax under the sun while using the internet with ease.
If you have a large house then the need of an extender is unavoidable for your WiFi may not be able to have wide and proper coverage. Moreover, even if it does have some range, it may be slow and as is known, buffering videos, lagging games, and the like can get annoying.
When you have an extender, you only need to set it up using extender.linksys.setup and you are good to go. Your connection will then extend to wider spaces and you can easily access it anywhere and everywhere. Hence, getting a WiFi extender is extremely important.