Linksys Wireless Routers Setup Setting up a Linksys Wireless Router is pretty straightforward. Well, all you need to do is to install the driver for the product and then connect the device to your computer. So well, if you are up for it, here is a guide for Linksys wireless routers setup. So, let us get started.
Steps for Linksys Wireless Routers Setup
The four simple steps to verify your internet connection with the Linksys router are as follows.
- Verifying an active internet connection with the router
- Connecting Devices Together
- Checking the Router’s LEDs
- Configuring the Router for Cable Internet Connection
So, we are going to follow these steps to get started with the Linksys Router.
The very first step in the process is to verify if your computer is getting correctly connected to the modem or not. For this step, connect your PC generally to the router using a LAN cable and see if your PC is responding to the connection or not. If it does, move to the next step, but if it doesn’t, you need to check your LAN cable, your PC LAN port, or if all the devices are working correctly, check with your Internet Service Provider.
The second step, involving connecting all the devices, is to connect your modem to the router and then the router to your PC. Well, in this way, you can connect more accessories from your router to get an internet connection. Now well, you are practically done with this step and need to go to the next one.
Checking the Router’s LEDs
After connecting all the devices correctly, check the LED lights on the router. Well, make sure that all the lights are lit properly and in corresponding to on which port you have connected your devices. If you are done with this, its time to move to the final step of configuration,
Configuring the Cable Internet Connection
This step includes a lot of steps, and so, here they are.
- Access any internet browser and type ‘192.168.1.1’ in the URL bar and press Enter.
- When you are asked for login credentials, leave the username blank and enter ‘admin’ in the password and press enter. You can also contact your Internet Service Provider in case you don’t know the password. mg to ml
- Under the Setup tab, click MAC Address Clone.
- On this option, check enabled and then click on ‘Clone My PC’s MAC.’ This will clone your PC’s MAC address settings for the internet connection to the router.
- Finally, save your settings.
Checking the Internet Connection
Well, after following all these steps, your internet with Linksys wireless routers setup should be active and ready to use now. But you need to check if it’s working properly or not. So, to check your internet connection status, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Click on Status Tab
- Check the IP address. If it is showing some numbers, you are good. Else, release the IP address, and renew the IP address.
So well, that was pretty much everything about setting up a Linksys Router Modem.